Puppet Care and Cleaning
PUPPET CARE AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Always store the puppet in a clean location and container. Storing your puppet in a clean container will go a long way in keeping it clean. Avoid any heavy items being stacked on top of it to push it down or distort the shape. Please follow all care instructions so that it may stay with you for a long time to come.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
- Do not submerge the puppet in water. Use lukewarm water and a sponge with a mild soap such as WooliteŽ to clean fabric and fur areas. You can also use 303 fabric cleaner and a soft damp cloth.
- Squeeze the puppet between towels to dry or drip dry on a clothes line.
- Spray disinfectant such as febrezeŽ antimicrobial, can be used on the inside or outside of the puppet to eliminate odor. Never store damp!
- For areas that need brushing, use a soft brush to fluff up or compressed air blown across the puppet. DO NOT STORE DAMP! DO NOT DRYCLEAN! It will cause the fur to mat.
- Clothing can be washed on a delicate cycle with mild detergent, and fabric softener. Dry in the dryer on a warm setting.
- Store in a well-ventilated area away from excessive temperatures. Car trunks and back seats are abusive.
- Remember that minor repairs with hot glue, contact adhesive, or needle and thread can keep small problems from becoming large ones. Replacement parts are available.
- Remember a clean puppet lasts longer.
If you need to package the puppet for shipping, please pack carefully in a way that will protect the fabric and the eyes from being damaged. Use bubble wrap around the entire puppet
You can download a copy of these instructions Puppet Care and Cleaning.pdf